You may file a formal complaint alleging a violation of the University policies.* To file a formal complaint, please submit your complaint in writing to the University Title IX Coordinator at email@example.com. Please note, your formal complaint:
- must be a document or electronic submission
- contain your physical or digital signature, or otherwise indicates that you are the person filing the formal complaint
- allege sexual harassment or other sexual misconduct against an individual and request that the University investigate the allegation(s)
- state the name (if known) of the individual who you are alleging engaged in sexual harassment or other sexual misconduct and describe with reasonable specificity the incident(s) of alleged sexual harassment or other sexual misconduct, including the date and place of such incident(s).
- must be in your own words, and may not be authored by others, including family members, advisors, or attorneys
- should have an attached list of any sources of information (for example, witnesses, correspondence, records, and the like) that you believe may be relevant to the investigation.
Your complaint should not be delayed if such sources of information are unknown or unavailable.
To learn more about the investigative process once a formal complaint is filed, please visit the Office for Dispute Resolution website.
*Note, under the procedures pursuant to the Interim Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy, at the time of filing your formal complaint, you must be participating in or attempting to participate in the education program or activity of the University.